Re: [Axiom-developer] code release

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] code release
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:57:51 +0100

root writes:
 > >Is it possible to "export" the list of bugs from savannah somehow?
 >
 > By hand, I'd assume. Bug tracking has traditionally been done in the input
 > subdirectory. Several files there have bug fixes with listed dates as well
 > as some known bugs that are pre-NAG. Besides, these bugs need to be better
 > documented. I've been so busy making new bugs and killing them before they
 > get off my desk to concentrate on the outstanding bugs.
 >
 > >And since I still didn't get an answer: what about bug #5977 ? Do you have
 > >a patch lying around somewhere. If not, we really should "reopen" it!
 >
 > It appears that the problem is a semantic one. The listed "bug" is
 > requesting that (x^2) be added to 1::DMP([x],INT) rather than
 > (x^2+1)::DMP([x],INT), which works.

yes. but,
 > Now doing this:

 > (2) -> 1::DMP([x],INT)
 >

 >    (2)  1
 >                          Type: DistributedMultivariatePolynomial([x],Integer)
 > (3) -> %+x^2
 >
 >    >> System error:
 >    Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
 >
 > protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
 >
 > clearly fails but that's the color of a different duck and, clearly, is
 > still an outstanding bug.

YES, but it's clearly marked as "closed". I didn't know that
(x^2+1)::DMP([x],INT) didn't work once upon a time, but #5977 says that
x^2+1::DMP([x],INT) doesn't work. PLEASE reopen it! (I don't have permission on
savannah.)

 > >Another bug issue: The possibility of using axiom to demonstrate failures in
 > >IssueTracker is superb, I do agree. But caution: it is absolutely necessary
 > >include a version number for each of those bugs, since, as soon as axiom is
 > >upgraded on MathAction, these bugs won't be reproducible there anymore!
 >
 > IssueTracker? Did I miss a memo?

It seems so: Bill installed IssueTracker on MathAction, which might serve as a
replacement for the savannah bug list. You can look at it by pressing "issues"
at the top left in MathAction.

Martin.

PS: I have a slight problem presenting the CAISS logo on the "new" FrontPage at

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/SandBox

I'm not a web "designer". As soon as we have at least three sponsors, this
won't be a problem anymore, since we then can simply put the logos side by
side. But currently, it's very ugly :-(