[Axiom-developer] Mathaction edit/preview/save problem

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Mathaction edit/preview/save problem
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:02:54 -0500

Bill Page wrote:

> William,
>
> On Thursday, January 13, 2005 4:47 AM you wrote:
> >
> > Here's is the edit on DynamicFunctionDomains page. When I
> > tried preview and save, it said "cannot find server".
>
> That's strange because obviously you were just accessing the
> server. Are you also having problems with other web sites?
> Please let me know if it happens again. Perhaps there is
> an intermittant network problem at the site where MathAction
> is hosted.
>
> Anyway, no problem. I will update it for you.

Thanks for doing the update.

I tried again and the same thing happens. Is it because I did NOT sign on
MathAction? I once found a link to login, but now I could not find it (the login
page also let one subscribe). If one MUST login before saving any editing (or
make other contributions to the site), then I think on the top menu lines, there
should be a login and if possible, the functions are dimmed unless someone has
logined. Right now, the items are dimmed if it has been accessed.  I use IE,
Firefox on a windows machine. I also tried this with safari on a MacOSX machine
(Cannot open page) or when I tried Sandbox and click on back, safari crashed. I
don't have a network problem (I can send and receive email).

Perhaps I am just missing something obvious? Could it be because of firewall
programs? (My computers are shielded by a Netgear router).

William