Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:01:43 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> CY
>
> I'm actually using clisp at the moment. I tried GCL-2.6.5 but failed.
> I'll have to try the GCL ANSI build. Do you know if it can support
> defclass?

Um.  Not sure - that's one for Camm.  You say the clisp McCLIM failed
to work as well?  Is this latest McCLIM cvs with the recent clisp
patches applied?  I'll have to take a look and see if I can get it to
work.

> LTK does not have any code to support GCL yet. The main issues are
> the do-process function which encapsulates the various "run process"
> function calls and the socket code which I have not yet looked at in
> GCL.

Hmm. OK.

> Though elegant, there is no obvious reason why it needs to use
> defclass. I'm tempted to rewrite it into more vanilla lisp but have
> not done so yet as I'm trying to stick to the main task of getting a
> runnable hyperdoc on windows with the least resistance path.

Agreed - I'd say you're on the right path for that.  Heh - I hope they
incorporate the work at http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/ into the
Windows version of Tcl/Tk (and the linux version for that matter).  It
helps when an app looks "standard", particularly on Windows.

CY