Re: [Axiom-developer] this is open source

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] this is open source
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:12:47 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> axiom is free software. design it, hack it, polish it, test it,
> document it, and send patches (or arch changesets).  you're
> allowed to do anything you want and have no reason to depend
> on me for anything (except the final merge step into axiom--
> main). but we ALL expect quality work.

Sorry if we're not pulling our weight Tim - I know I haven't been.
I've got a variety of things on my system I want to take a shot at, but
I have so much to learn :-/.

Maybe the thing to do in my case is worrying less about the details
like McCLIM backends and just start doing something more relevant (like
a math GUI in McCLIM).  Presumably the backend can follow later.  Lord
knows I've got enough stuff queued up to keep me busy for a while!

Thanks again for all your hard work, and I'll try to talk less until I
have something substantial to exhibit :-).

Cheers,
Cliff