[Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom (was Re: What is SubDomain)

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom (was Re: What is SubDomain)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:03:12 +0100

I can't help wondering if the material in the Reference section of the
Aldor Users Guide might be enough for us to define at least a basic
Aldor compiler in Lisp, and build on that.

I am strongly against writing a new compiler. That is too much effort. And the compiler also falls under the APL1.0 (as a binary). So in some sense it is free. And we need not worry about using it.

The biggest problem is that we cannot fix compiler bugs ourselves. For that aldor.org must be asked at the moment. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is nobody currently working on compiler fixes. That is a very big minus!

Ralf