[Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom trunk failure

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom trunk failure
Date: 01 May 2006 22:34:12 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

| yep. it turns off the "tail recursion" noise. bill schelter and i
| worked on creating tail recursion in AKCL. This was just a debugging
| message at the time. For some reason it outlived its useful life and
| continues in the current code base. the message "exposes" lisp to
| the user of the axiom interpreter so i removed it.
|
| it should patch correctly. i suspect there is a mismatch between
| the GCL version you are using and the patch level you are using.
|
| in the zips subdirectory all patches are named by the .tgz file
| to which they apply. the name also includes the directory path
| to the file and the name of the file. so
|
| zips/gcl-2.6.7
|
| has patches like
|
| gcl-2.6.7.cmpnew.gcl_cmpflet.lsp.patch
|
| which lives in lsp/gcl-2.6.7/cmpnew/gcl_cmpflet.lsp

Tim,

  I fixed the problem in the silver branch, by copying the patch file
from the tla branch to the SVN branch.  Now, we are brack to buildville.

It would be helpful if we could also have the GCL-2.6.8pre patches
also in the silver branch.  In particular, we should have all the
current codes in the gold branch in the silver branch .

Next:

   (1) fix other file "corruptions" introduced  during the conversion;
   (2) fix the recursive copy problem.

I don't promise to do all that by tonight :-)

-- Gaby