Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sourceforge/silver
Date: 27 Oct 2006 22:58:09 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| are you trying to say that silver patches get backported into branches?

I'm suggesting that every patch against silver be made as dealing
conceptually with one thing, so that branch maintainers can decide
whether they want to have them for the purpose of minimizing distance
between a specific branch and silver.

In the case of axiom.build-improvements, I'm essentially saying that
those pacthes that are not disruptive to the build machinery should be
backported to build-improvements.  Of course, since I'm responsible
for that branch, it is my job.  However, that job would be much easier
for me if the patches to silver were not one-time huge stuff.

| that's fine. i'm just concerned that at some point Gaby asserts that
| "it's done" and i have a HUGE pile of completely unrelated changes
| dropped on my desk. each change is going to be debated (count on it,
| given this crowd :-) ),

yeah, I know; that is why I plotting to drop it during summer
vacations ;-)

-- Gaby