Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Ping: file removals
Date: 05 Nov 2006 15:50:25 +0100

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

| I proposed removing several files from Axiom repository.  ATM only
| Gaby commented on some files.
|
| Here is updated list:
|
| files unused both in silver and in build-improvements, up to date
| copies are created during build process:
|
|  src/share/algebra/comdb.text
|  src/share/algebra/libdb.text
|  src/share/algebra/DEPENDENTS.DAASE
|  src/share/algebra/USERS.DAASE
|  src/interp/libdb.text
|  src/interp/temp.text

Please remove these from build-improvements.

| files created during build process, but version from repo is referenced
| form Makefiles ('src/algebra/libdb.text' is unused in build-improvements):
|  src/algebra/libdb.text
|  src/hyper/pages/ht.db
|  src/share/algebra/gloss.text

those "clearly" are bugs.  We should reference those created during
the build process.  And those from repo should go away.

| duplicate, referenced from Makefile (removal needs Makefile changes):
|  src/share/doc/hypertex/pages/util.ht

Unless I'm misremebring, someone suggested that there might a slight
difference in content with its duplicate.  If that is correct, it
would be good to merge the content (with expalanation as usual) and
remove it.

| generated documentation files:
|
|  src/doc/bookvol1.pdf

this call is slighlty harder.  We don't generate PDFs at the moment
(but we should), and this is a copy of a book already published.  So
the question is how "authentic" we want the copy in SVN to be.
Personnaly, I would go for its complete deletion, augment the build
machinery to generate PDF for documentation.  (I'm planning to put in
the PDF generatin anyway).

This morning I'll merge some changes from silver and work on the build
without X11 item.

-- Gaby