Re: [Axiom-developer] sockets

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sockets
Date: 12 Apr 2007 10:54:26 -0500

address@hidden writes:

| X11 is a socket-based design.

Yes,  but X11 is vastly distinct in functionality, scope than Axiom.

| When we tried to write graphics
| (actually it was originally in X10) we needed to use sockets.

But, what if I don't have X11 and don't use the graphics?

I agree that Axiom is mamouth system, but it does not need to be a fat
mamouth system.

| Given that the graphics had sockets it made sense to communicate
| from Axiom to the graphics component using the same protocol.

I agree with that; whoever, why should sman be designed to rely
critically on sockets?

Take Emacs, for example.

-- Gaby