Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Literate documentation

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Literate documentation
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:45:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Another question is why do you believe that I would consider a LISP
> IDE if I want to program in Axiom? If you had written Aldor or
> SPAD++ IDE that would count, but still only half interesting, since
> we need a LP-aware IDE.

ABLE is currently a Lisp editor, true.  I am interested not in what it
can do now but what it might be able to do.  Emacs has a huge amount of
code that we have no direct use for and a limitation with syntax
highlighting that makes a robust literate programming a bit tricky.  I
would like to experiment with some ideas concerning literate
programming editors and ABLE could be a flexible environment in which
to experiment.

So no, I don't expect you to consider a LISP IDE or even a SPAD++ IDE
for Axiom programming.  I want to explore the possibility of creating
the editor that we would want for Axiom, which would likely combine a
Lisp IDE, a SPAD++ IDE, and literate programming.

Cheers,
CY

 a little couch potato?