Aldor -> Lisp/C was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Literate documentation

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Aldor -> Lisp/C was: Re: [Axiom-developer] Literate documentation
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:17:40 +0200

Off topic, but a question about Aldor - if you compile Aldor routines
into c and build that c code, can other Aldor routines compiled into
Lisp still interact with the compiled c based modules?  Does Aldor
enforce compatibility?

First. I have never tried, so I don't know.
Second. The important thing are Aldor's .ao files (platform independent object files). From them you can generate .c or .lisp. Third. I believe since GCL translates to C, then there should be a way to call libraries that just go the .as -> .ao -> .c -> .o compilation way.

Maybe somebody more knowledgable from the aldor-l mailing list (I've CC'ed) can answer that question more accurately.

Ralf