[Axiom-developer] RE: TeXmacs+Axiom

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: TeXmacs+Axiom
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:58:57 -0400

Ralf,

On May 21, 2007 4:40 PM you wrote:
> > Can you tell me what you get if you just start tm_axiom
> > on the console? E.g.
> >
> >   $ /usr/lib/TeXmacs/bin/tm_axiom
> >
> > Reply to the weird looking prompt with an Axiom command,
> > e.g. 1+1
> >

> Eh? To what prompt?

There should be something like:

  ... $\rightarrow$ <verbatim:

> woodpecker:~>type axiom
> axiom is hashed (/home/hemmecke/software/Axiom/mnt/linux/bin/axiom)
> woodpecker:~>type AXIOMsys
> AXIOMsys is /home/hemmecke/software/Axiom/mnt/linux/bin/AXIOMsys

I whould have said

  ~> which axiom
  ~> which AXIOMsys

but that's ok.

> woodpecker:~>/usr/lib/texmacs/TeXmacs/bin/tm_axiom
> verbatim:
> latex:\red Unexpected end\black5woodpecker:~>
>

> I am getting back to the command line prompt. No axiom
> session started.

Well, there's the problem ... This is not the fault of
TeXmacs but something wrong with the way tm_axiom is trying
to start AXIOMsys. We have to find out why.

What happens when you just type?

  ~> AXIOMsys