Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] "has" and "with" (was curious algebra fa

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] "has" and "with" (was curious algebra failure)
Date: 14 Aug 2007 13:48:30 +0200

My personal preference is:

* no automatic coercion in the compiler

* automatic coercion (as intelligent as possible, possibly even several steps,
  i.e., assuming that all coercion paths yield the same result, although this
  will sometimes not be true in reality) in the interpreter

When writing library code, the extra pain to write down the coercion is really
worth the effort.  The combinat experience was much more pleasant than the
Guess experience, in this particular point.

Using the Aldor interpreter however is a pain for me.

DISCLAIMER: personal, subjective opinion.  Still I hope they will be taken into
account.

Martin