[Axiom-developer] Re: Copyright notice Re: pfaffian.input.pamphlet

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Copyright notice Re: pfaffian.input.pamphlet
Date: 29 Sep 2007 19:51:19 +0200

root <address@hidden> writes:

> I hope to merge it into the SQMATRIX domain, since it requires the matrices
> to be square. It looks like I can use the antisymmetric function to replace
> some of your code.

I do not know of such a function.  However, you can use antiSymmetric? to check
whether the matrix is antisymmetric, which is required.

I guess you should follow the implementation of determinant.  Just grep for

"determinant.*=="

to get the picture.

By the way, SQMATRIX not being a domain of MatrixCategory is a sad limitation
of SPAD (not present in Aldor, fortunately).

> But I'll have to do more reading to gain a better understanding of the
> algorithm.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Martin