Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor/axiom interoperability

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor/axiom interoperability
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:48:29 -0500

Peter,

Thank you very much for sending the revised version of src_aldor3.tgz!
I think eliminating the Java dependency is a very important thing if
we are to eventually include this as an optional part of the
Axiom/FriCAS/OpenAxiom build.  I am trying to use your revised build
system with OpenAxiom but I have some questions:

Could you explain the following lines in the makefile:

  echo ")co RNS.spad"  >> address@hidden

I was not able to find 'RNS.spad' in the Axiom sources or in your
tarball. Perhaps you forgot to include it?

I notice also that there is still some mention of java in the makefile, e.g.

all_dirs += $(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom

$(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/spadset.mk: $(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/.dir
$(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/spadset.mk: $(domain_dep_files) $(aldor_dep_files)
$(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/spadset.mk: $(ALDOR_INT)/java/Sort.class
$(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/spadset.mk: $(ALDOR_INT)/deps/axextend.dep
$(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/spadset.mk: $(ALDOR_INT)/libaxiom.lst
$(ALDOR_SRC)/extra_deps.lst
        (cd $(ALDOR_INT); java -cp `pwd`/java Sort makefile     \
                                        deps/axextend.dep       \
                                        libaxiom.lst            \
                                        $(ALDOR_SRC)/extra_deps.lst)

java_axiom: $(ALDOR_INT)/java_axiom/spadset.mk
.PHONY: java_axiom

#
# :: Java
#
all_dirs += $(ALDOR_INT)/java
$(ALDOR_INT)/java/Sort.class: $(ALDOR_INT)/java/.dir
$(ALDOR_INT)/java/Sort.class: $(ALDOR_SRC)/Sort.java
        javac -source 1.5 -d $(ALDOR_INT)/java Sort.java

---------

Am I misunderstanding or are these only a left-over stanza's from the
previous version which is not used any more?