Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor/axiom interoperability

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor/axiom interoperability
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 23:14:52 -0400

Greg,

On 3/14/08, I wrote:

> This problem seems to be related only the use of 'output' from inside
>  an Aldor function:
>
>  -------- file: testoutput.as ------
>  #include "axiom.as"
>  #pile
>  TestOutput: with
>         testOutput: (Integer)                   -> Integer
>     == add
>         import from String
>         import from OutputPackage
>         testOutput(x:Integer):Integer ==
>           output("help!")
>  ---------
>
>  (1) -> )co testoutput.as
>  (1) -> testOutput(1)
>  Looking in OutputPackage() for ??349042727  with code 320506156
>
>    >> System error:
>    FOAM-USER::|fiRaiseException| is invalid as a function.

At the end of the page:

  http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/SandBoxEcfact

I have included the following simple Aldor functions to replace
Axiom's 'output' operation with a direct call to Lisp format:

-- implement output for Aldor
output(x:String):Void == {
import { FORMAT: (Boolean,String,String) -> Void } from Foreign Lisp;
FORMAT(true,"~a~%",x);
}
output(x:String,y:OutputForm):Void == {
import { FORMAT: (Boolean,String,String,String) -> Void } from Foreign Lisp;
FORMAT(true,"~a ~a~%",x,unparse(convert(y)$InputForm)$InputForm);
}

This allows the LenstraEllipticMethod to produce some useful output.

I hope this helps, but of course I still consider it a bug that it
seems impossible to call Axiom's output operations from within Aldor.