Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor/axiom interoperability

From: Bill Page
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] aldor/axiom interoperability
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:19:28 -0400

On 15 Mar 2008 08:22:15 +0100, Martin Rubey wrote:
> "Bill Page"  writes:
>
>  > On 3/14/08, Bill Page wrote:
>  > > On 3/13/08, Gregory Vanuxem wrote:
>  > >  > ...
>  > >  >  The output is :
>  > >  >
>  > >  >  Looking in OutputPackage() for ??349042727  with code 483270060
>  > >  >  and an error message : "export not found"
>  > >  >
>  >
>  > As shown at
>  >
>  >   http://axiom-wiki.newsynthesis.org/SandBoxEcfact
>  >
>  > This problem seems to be related only the use of 'output' from
>  > inside an Aldor function:
>

> But I used that extensively in axiom-combinat!  How come it is
> broken now?

Perhaps because Aldor is not integrated with any of the Axiom versions
nor Axiom with any Aldor version... and of course there is no
regression testing. Has anyone been using axiom-combinat? I think it
would be great to have a platform where work will that would be easily
available to others.

Maybe the problem with 'output' is a bug introduced by using FriCAS as
the version of Axiom. But I do not recall specifically if Greg ever
said exactly what version of Axiom he was using.

> And how come I cannot get any aldor to work together with
> my fricas currently?  I'm a little desperate.

I don't know. Perhaps you can report what problems you find so that
other people can try to help.