Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: OpenAxiom-1.2.1 released

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: OpenAxiom-1.2.1 released
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:23:39 -0500

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 6:31 AM, Aleksej Saushev <address@hidden> wrote:

> And from my user point of view, Axiom should adopt either FriCAS' or
> OpenAxiom's build system, whatever is closer, or develop similar one,

A while ago, I rewrote Axiom's build system to use Autoconf
and restructured the Makefiles so that people -- most of the time
-- just say

     configure && make && make install

That work is in the build-improvements branch.
That is the branch that both OpenAxiom and FriCAS use
as common basis.  The work is still there for Axiom
to benefit from.

-- Gaby