axiom-mail

Re: [Axiom-mail] Using eval() in compile spad code.

From: Donald J Bindner
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Using eval() in compile spad code.
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:50:19 -0600

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 05:21:25PM -0500, Bill Page wrote:
> 'eval(func, kernel(x), b::EF)' on the other hand seems more
> specific to your intended application. So I think it is "better"
> even though the effect is the same.

In the end, I decided on my version (or something similar) as
better.  I used the obvious metric for a numerical algorithm, for
the same result it was faster.

Short of checking my reference books for one error estimate, I am
now content with my versions of Simpson's method for 1 and 2
variables.

Having looked at the Simpson's method routine that comes with
Axiom, I expect it to be faster, but the convenience of using
integrate() like syntax is a plus for me.  Of course, because of
operator overloading, I get to have both.

I really appreciate the help.

--
Don Bindner <address@hidden>