biborb-general

[Biborb-general] Evolution of BibORB

From: Guillaume Gardey
Subject: [Biborb-general] Evolution of BibORB
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 01:16:21 +0200

Hi all,

Just a short mail to inform you about the current evolution of biborb.

I have updated the BibORB CVS repository. Some functionalities have been added:
        * Entries are highlighted if they are recorded in the basket.
* Adding an entry to the basket or removing it doesn't redirect to another page. I also fix a bug when searching a word containing accent: I made the search function case insensitive and accent insensitive.

The major change are in the code itself. It was rewritten for a greater modularity/readability. A long term aim is to be able to change the database backend with minor changes. Thus one may choose the database format (XML,mysql,....) or write some minor php scripts to plug BibOrb to an existing database.

For now, the CVS version is not totally ready for a stable release. At a short term, I will focus on:
        * support various import/export format (Endnote, docbook...)
        * increase the search functions
        * an HTML cache to speed the display.

Any suggestions will be welcomed. :)

All the best.