bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] DLP 3D synch

From: Frédéric Devernay
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] DLP 3D synch
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:10:02 +0100

Hi,

DLP 3D Ready Sync is for "DLP Link" 3D glasses used with "DLP 3D Ready" projectors or back-projectors only (please check your projector specifications to see if it's available). The DLP projector sends a flash between two images to switch the "DLP Link" glasses, and may also send this information to the VESA 3D port (sometimes called "3D SYNC") if it is present.

The DLP 3D Ready Sync option (or the "set-fullscreen-3dr-sync" command-line option) causes bino to draw special colored lines at the top of the screen to tell the DLP which eye the image is for (similar to the "blue line code" used for older CrystalEyes systems <http://paulbourke.net/stereographics/stereorender/GLUTStereo/glutStereo.cpp>)

[Martin, I didn't find an appropriate place to put the above paragraph in bino and libgls doc, feel free to include it in the documentation for both softwares, and I didn't find an appropriate reference for DLP 3D color code]

Fred