bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Need bongo cron job help

From: Dieter Deyke
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Need bongo cron job help
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 09:56:57 -0700

Thanks for replying, Daniel.

I changed my code a little:

;----------------------------------------

; Make bongo library

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/elisp/bongo-darcs"))

(load-library "bongo")

(defun make-bongo-library ()
  (with-bongo-library-buffer
   (setq buffer-file-coding-system 'windows-1252)

   (bongo-insert-directory-tree "c:/Cassettes/")
   (bongo-insert-directory-tree "m:/MP3s/")
   (bongo-insert-directory-tree "n:/")

   (write-file (expand-file-name "~/bongo.bongo-library"))))

(make-bongo-library)
(kill-emacs)

;----------------------------------------

and the effect is now that no output file is generated at all.  If I
only insert the first 2 directories (c:/Cassettes/ and M:/MP3s/) it
works OK.  If I add the 3rd directory manually to the library buffer,
I get:

;----------------------------------------

Warning (undo): Buffer `bongo.bongo-library' undo info was 3012417 bytes long.
The undo info was discarded because it exceeded `undo-outer-limit'.

This is normal if you executed a command that made a huge change
to the buffer.  In that case, to prevent similar problems in the
future, set `undo-outer-limit' to a value that is large enough to
cover the maximum size of normal changes you expect a single
command to make, but not so large that it might exceed the
maximum memory allotted to Emacs.

If you did not execute any such command, the situation is
probably due to a bug and you should report it.

You can disable the popping up of this buffer by adding the entry
(undo discard-info) to the user option `warning-suppress-types'.

;----------------------------------------

Saving this buffer manually works.

I looks like this is no bongo problem at all, but some problem with
buffers being too large.  wc of the final library file shows:

C:\Users\deyke>wc bongo.bongo-library
  66698 1156893 8377271 bongo.bongo-library

Is my music collection too big for this approach?

Happy new year,
--
Dieter Deyke
mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden mailto:address@hidden