bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: bongo.el --- flexible and usable media player

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: bongo.el --- flexible and usable media player
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 04:01:13 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> I guess this attitude is what RMS has a problem with.
> He's saying we should boycott mplayer until they start
> caring about software freedom.

I don't think it's fair to say that they don't care about software
freedom at all, and I'm quite sure that is not what RMS said.

I do agree with you that Bongo can (and should) take extra care about
issues of freedom, or even taking a stance so to speak, whether or not
part of Emacs. It is necessary to raise awareness of the problems with
non-free multimedia software, and it's a good thing this was brought
up for discussion.

By the way, was Lars Öhrman contacted about copyright assignment?