bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:15:55 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Relatedly, on several occasions I have missed being able to
>> enqueue tracks using the mouse.  --- This may be a bad idea,
>> but what about binding <mouse-2> to enqueue?
>
> That is a bad idea.

I agree, that's an idiotic idea.  I'm going to punch myself
in the face right now for suggesting it.

> I don't have another suggestion now. A lot of the mouse
> buttons are used by Emacs, except <S-mouse-2>.

Can't we just say `fuck it!' or `rock'n'roll!' or something
and bind <mouse-3> to a context menu?  I sometimes use the
region-selecting/killing binding of <mouse-3>, but I don't
think anyone will miss it much in Bongo buffers.

I know preview-latex does that (and I really like it),
and `pgas' on #emacs said Speedbar and ECB do it.

(Also GNOME and KDE and Windows and everything else does it.)

Who's with me?  Why not?  What do you think?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>