bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: I want to make `f' and `b' move point
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:18:20 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> Can't we just say `fuck it!' or `rock'n'roll!' or something
> and bind <mouse-3> to a context menu?  I sometimes use the
> region-selecting/killing binding of <mouse-3>, but I don't
> think anyone will miss it much in Bongo buffers.
>
> I know preview-latex does that (and I really like it),
> and `pgas' on #emacs said Speedbar and ECB do it.

Preview-latex only does it on images, so it's not really a context
menu. When you click with mouse-3 on text, you get the standard
behaviour.

SLIME also has a menu on "presentations", those are printed
representations of objects that you can inspect or copy in the REPL.
But again, you get the standard `mouse-save-then-kill' on text.

Bongo maybe could do it like that on section headers. For tracks, I
don't think so. It can be convenient, but it is also an inconsistent
feature. I use the menu in SLIME, but I'm often annoyed by it.

> (Also GNOME and KDE and Windows and everything else does it.)

That is a valid argument, but it's not the only thing to consider.

Anyway, creating the menu is simple. You need the menu, of course, and
an overlay for headers. The overlay should have a tooltip advertising
the menu.