Re: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers

From: Dmitry Lizorkin
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:33:51 +0400

> I'd put those things into an include file, and say
>
> (cond-expand
>   (chicken (include ...))
>   ...)
>
> This requires of course to put the whole definition into the include
> file, including the `define'. It is also more portable, because
> cond-expand is IIRC not defined for non-toplevel contexts (I can't
> check right now, srfi.schemers.org seems to be in a bad mood).

Oh, yes. We follow this strategy for some popular functions whose
implementation is dependent  on a particular Scheme implementation.
Probably I should do the same in this situation as well. I'll think about
it.

Best regards,
Dmitry

P.S. Indeed, the `cond-expand' construct "is restricted to the top level of
a program". I was not aware of that. Thanks.