[Chicken-users] cygchicken

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] cygchicken
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:26:32 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:

Here a patch for parameters.scm:

79,80c79,80
< (define-constant cygwin-default-dynamic-load-libraries '("cygchicken-0")) < (define-constant mingw-default-dynamic-load-libraries '("libchicken-0"))
---
(define-constant cygwin-default-dynamic-load-libraries '("cygchicken"))
(define-constant mingw-default-dynamic-load-libraries '("libchicken"))

I've pulled this and the other stuff from Darcs. I've built with CMake using Cygwin, and the resulting filenames are called "libchicken". Probably for the excellent reason that I force that name on all platforms. :-) Is "cyg" instead of "lib" some kind of common Cygwin convention I'm unaware of, with tools automatically performing it or some such. Otherwise, the name "cygchicken" strikes me as an incorrect convention. It assumes that Cygwin should be treated differently than the rest of the universe as far as nomenclature. I can imagine historical motives, but are there any currently valid technical motives? There are now 2 ways to build on Cygwin and I don't want to special-case the CMake code unless there's a good reason.

If "cygchicken" is expunged, I assume changes to the ./configure build will be necessary.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every