Re: [Chicken-users] CMake: "make install" crashes on bad reference to ch

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake: "make install" crashes on bad reference to chicken.html
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:28:41 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

"2. Create a symbolic link from the dll to a file in the lib directory
according to the above mentioned search pattern. This should be used to
avoid unwanted changes in the tools needed for making the app/dll."

Almost the first thing I tried.  It won't work because csi also loads
libchicken (under whatever name) at startup to get the required units
library, eval, and extra, and then gets terminally confused when it
tries to load the library a second time to pull out srfi-1 or one of
the optional units.

I've bitten the bullet and started reworking the CMake library naming code.  Actually in CMake 2.4.2 it won't be so difficult.  CMake 2.2 didn't handle lib- prefixes very well, CMake 2.4.2 is more automagical.  For instance, right now it's generating dlls of the form cygchicken.dll, so the only missing ingredient is to add -0.  Gotta go run my dog around and beat the heat.  Will have a patch later tonight.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every