Re: [Chicken-users] -ldl -ldl in Autoconf

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] -ldl -ldl in Autoconf
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:50:29 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 9/7/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

 I believe Autoconf is handling -ldl wrong.  Here's my CMake code:

Never mind. If autoconf is running up to this point, I'm fine (after all,
we try to push cmake, right?)

I agree. I just wanted to note that I looked at this -ldl stuff once upon a time, and the verdict was, it's not supposed to even be there on Cygwin. CMake tests for both the header and the library, and does the right thing.

BTW, another question: does the cmake add gcc optimization
flags to every build-type (Debug, etc.)? If yes, we should add
those only In Release mode, or better:

There is no notion of "Debug" vs. "Release" when building with GCC. There are only static vs. dynamic libraries and exes, all of 'em optimized, none of 'em debuggable.

On MSVC we've got Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, and RelWithDebInfo. I'll look up appropriate flags for these; I don't think -fomit-frame-pointer is the lingo.

MinSizeRel (I'd really like to make this the default build mode):

I'll have to ask on the CMake list about this. If we wanted to ship *only* MinSizeRel, then it seems we (SET CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE RelWithDebInfo). But if we want to ship all 4 built types, as is currently done, then I don't see an interface to select the default. The default is "Debug" and I don't know if that can be changed.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every