Re: [Chicken-users] understanding the CMake build

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] understanding the CMake build
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:07:59 -0700

Thomas Chust wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Thomas Chust wrote:

 [...] For this kind of issue, you'd need to write a trivial
 CMakeLists.txt that reproduces the problem, then get on the CMake
 mailing list and report the bug.

 I'll do that if it actually annoys me and if I have too much time for
 constructing a minimal example of the problem. csc -static ... works
 perfectly as it should even though I removed chicken-static and
 csi-static. And I can live with a build producing strange executables
 which I just throw away.

Ok, but realize, that doesn't help either Chicken or CMake get better, nor attract new users. [...]

Hello,

of course you are right, but this linkage issue is so small a bug, which only affects *building*, not *using* CHICKEN, that I consider it a rather low priority to get it fixed, now -- I've got other more important projects to work on as well...

Seems pretty important if removing the bootstrap compiler toasts the installation. Most people won't leave their old bootstrap compilers lying around.

But, we'll see if my INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES bulletproofing has any effect on this problem.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every