Re: [Chicken-users] installing chicken using microsoft's .NET (2005)

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] installing chicken using microsoft's .NET (2005)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:54:52 -0400

On 6/10/07, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:

I was able to install chicken form the zip file and compile most of it using
"cmake" and "2005 vc++ .NET version".

It compiled and generated and the "chicken-boot.exe"  file.
I can create a "c" file from a simple "scm" file. However, when I try to
generate a "c" program from the "chicken.scm" file I get syntax error and a
"stack overflow" error msg. This is the same thing that happens during the
build using the project files generated by "cmake"...

If you are using VS 2005 Express, then this is a known bug.  Our
assumption is that the Express compiler has been deliberately crippled
so it can't compete with the professional products.
http://trac.callcc.org/ticket/9

If you are using a professional or enterprise version of VS 2005, this
is new.  In that case, please add your compiler information to this
bug.  You'll need to configure your identity in Trac's "Settings"
menu, as Trac assumes that anonymous contributions are spam.  Also,
that's how you'll know if the status of the bug changes.

MinGW, Cygwin, and VS .NET 2003 are working fine, if you're willing to
use those.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every