[Chicken-users] Re: getopt, getopt_long?

From: William Xu
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: getopt, getopt_long?
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:26:58 +0900

"felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> writes:

> I think chicken-setup should NOT duplicate functionality that
> modern packaging tools provide. Dpkg and portage will always
> do a better job at that, and it would be more worthwhile to push
> for adoption of eggs into these packaging systems (which, IIRC,
> Ivan already does with debianizing several eggs).

I don't know if i understand correctly.  If that means making each egg a
debian package, oh Jesus!! That'll spawn many debian eggs.  And
considering there are that many linux distributions, it's a big burden..
not to mention non-linux platforms.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
                -- Indira Gandhi