Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg

From: Imran Rafique
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Difficulty installing Hyde egg
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 03:57:00 +0000

On 5 April 2011 19:12, John Magolske <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Felix <address@hidden> [110405 09:06]:
>> Is this with CHICKEN_REPOSITORY set?
> Ah, I made a my ~/.zshrc I had:
>  CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=/home/jm/.chicken
> But what's needed is:
>  export CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=/home/jm/.chicken
> So with that fixed, I now see:
>  cp -r /home/jm/.chicken/
> rather than:
>  cp -r /var/lib/chicken/5/
> And the install proceeds up until:
>  cp -r scss2css /usr/bin/scss2css
>  cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/bin/scss2css': Permission denied
>> Executables get not installed in the repository, but in the BINPATH,
>> where "chicken", "csi", etc. are installed.   [...]
>> I have no solution for the BINPATH problem.

John, I may have missed this earlier in the thread (I wear glasses|contacts for
a reason!!), but did you set CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX ?

export CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/jm/.chicken

Executables installed by an egg (such as scss2css) would then go under
$CHICKEN_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin (so you can prepend that to your $PATH, for maximum

       Imran Rafique

(skype: imran_rafique)