Re: SWING at OJE

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: SWING at OJE
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:11:22 +0000

>>> "Rolf W. Rasmussen" <address@hidden> 05-Feb-01 8:42:38 PM >>>

>Yes, reverse-engineering is permitted in most countries
>with sane laws.  However, I don't think you can claim
>that you're making a clean-room  implementation at the
>same time, unless you're deploying some kind of
>double-blind scheme.

I don't think what Andrew's doing could be illegal in anyway. As far
as I udnerstand it he's simple generating the stubs of the files from
the public java docs.

I'm not aware of any legal restriction of parsing text in copyrighted
material.

Is there a problem? (please reply privately if you don't want to
continue this on list)

Nic