Re: Building the native libraries

From: Patrick Doyle
Subject: Re: Building the native libraries
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:07:26 -0400 (EDT)

On 4 Jul 2001, Brian Jones wrote:

> The native libraries are built as a normal part of 'make'.

Ok.  I did the things you said, and I'm getting errors with the javah
commands.  I have attached some of them below.  Perhaps my classpath is

Also, I'm indifferent about the AWT.  Is there a way to remove the AWT
classes from the build process and just make the rest of the native
libraries?  Is it likely that the others would compile without these

Another idea: is there somewhere I can download the whole set of pre-built
.so files?

Thanks for your help.

Found 1 semantic error compiling "../java/awt/event/":

    33. public class ComponentEvent extends java.awt.AWTEvent
*** Error: Type java/awt/Event was not found.

Found 1 semantic error compiling "../java/awt/":

   664.   return(Event.CTRL_MASK);
*** Error: No field named "CTRL_MASK" was found in type "java/awt/Event".

Found 2 semantic errors compiling

    26. public class GtkPopupMenuPeer extends GtkMenuPeer
*** Error: The abstract method "void show(java.awt.Event e);", inherited
from type "java/awt/peer/PopupMenuPeer", is not implemented in the
non-abstract class "gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/GtkPopupMenuPeer".

    42.   public void show (Event e)
*** Error: Type gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/Event was not found.

Patrick Doyle