Re: Classpath building (was re: Classpath future?)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Classpath building (was re: Classpath future?)
Date: 12 Jul 2001 22:38:29 -0600

Nic> [Note that generating headers has to be up to VM to some extent,
Nic> eg: kaffe might want to use kaffeh, gcj will want to use gcjh)

Don't worry too much about the libgcj build process.  This will be the
last thing we merge (if we ever do), for two reasons:

- Not enough of libgcj and Classpath have been merged to really worry
  about it, and

- libgcj is built as a target library.  Target libraries have their
  own horrible auto* magic which ordinary packages really, really
  don't want to get involved with.  We have to do this because for a
  cross compiler, libgcj is built for the cross target.

Tom