Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: Alex Lau
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:29:19 -0500

Yeah... :) Get that build finally... I do need 1.6 automake...

Yup.  That's what the Kissme "doc/BUILDING" document says.  In fact,
I built the Kissme automake/configure scripts using version 1.6.1.
Sorry about that.. I'm still getting use to all the cvs structure ( kissme, classpath
and mauve). And I just find out doc/ get Building info rather then user
doc.. :)
In some document mention kissme can't know handle zip/jar file, what's
that mean? it seem working fine with

./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. myclass

--with-mauve on configure at this point is there any real use? If not what is the plan? ( I'm trying to help classpath build the test cases with mauve, and
I pick kissme as my vm cause John had build deb support for it and I use
debian :) )

and.... what is the different of kissme_classpath and kissme?
I get lost on that...

Alex

However....
./kissme -classpath classes:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip:. helloworld
debug: lost error code 1, (loading class helloworld from java/lang/Class): Could not find a .class file for this class
Hello world

It run but don't know what the error is talking about......
Thanks :)

There is probably some stray trace printing in one of the drivers
that has not been disabled.  I'll take a look.

By the way, it is better to follow the build instructions in the latest
copy of the doc/BUILDING document, and use the useful_scripts/kissme
wrapper to run kissme.

-- Steve