Re: mauve results posted nightly

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: mauve results posted nightly
Date: 17 Nov 2002 19:44:46 -0500

Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

> > The only cotcha with compiling is the referencee to
> > org.omg.CORBA.BAD_OPERATION in JapiSerialize which seems to be save to
> > comment out.
>
> In fact it's "safe" to comment out the whole of JapiSerialize: it's
> entirely independent from the rest of Japitools and in fact written by
> a different person :). Of course, ideally you want to be able to *use*
> serialize as well as japize, and you'll need to compile it for that :)

Yes, it is safe to comment that out.  I need to think about it a bit
more.  Essentially I determined some exceptions thrown from
instantiating or serializing various classes were 'OK', in order to
reduce the number of errors one might look at later.

> Brian, what are the arguments you're giving Japize to generate the
> nightly classpath.japi.gz file, and to generate the jdkxx.japi.gz
> files?

as classpath packages "${CLASSPATH_CVS}/build/lib/glibj.zip" +java +javax +org
-java.awt.dnd.peer -java.awt.peer -org.apache -org.w3c.dom.css
-org.w3c.dom.events -org.w3c.dom.html -org.w3c.dom.stylesheets
-org.w3c.dom.traversal -org.w3c.dom.views -java.text.resources

This is what I use nightly on Classpath.  I may need to regenerate the
jdk stuff just to be sure it uses the same thing.
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>
http://www.haphazard.org/~cbj/