Re: Is this approach Valid

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: Is this approach Valid
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:33:18 +0100

On Saturday 13 March 2004 05:58, Casey Marshall wrote:

> Adam> Has anyone used the Mauve framework to write unit test other
> Adam> than for Classpath?  Is there a Test framework portion of the
> Adam> code sepreate from the Testlets defined for testing Classpath?
>
> GNU Crypto's test suite is written using Mauve, as is the beginnings
> of a free implementation of NIST's PKITS test suite I am writing. All
> you need from Mauve if you're writing new tests is the gnu.testlet
> package (and no subpackages) and some utility scripts.

Wonka also uses Mauve.  One of the reasons to choose Mauve during the early
stages of development was the extreme simplicity of its "framework" - we
could run it when all we had was an interpreter, a few dozen classes and a
very simple class loader.  The other reason was of course the thousands of
tests already written. :)

Mauve is very much a hacker's framework - you can do anything with it, all
you have to do is write the code.  Other frameworks are more sophisticated
(and complex), so you end up posting "how do I make FooFramework do X?"
questions instead.

Good luck

Chris

--
Chris Gray                                  /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/