Re: generated files in CVS?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: generated files in CVS?
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:45:24 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 16:37, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> Why are the following files in CVS?
>
> config.guess
> config.sub
> ltmain.sh
>
> If there is no particular reason, I'd like to remove them from
> CVS, as runnnig auto* tools causes spurious diffs in these files.

Unless running with --force the auto* tools shouldn't override these
files so normally you won't see any diffs when following the HACKING
instructions. But there is no particular reason. So please remove them.
Make sure to update the HACKING file and send a message to the list how
to regenerate these when you do.

Thanks,