Re: [Jikesrvm-core] Re:

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: [Jikesrvm-core] Re:
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:47:18 -0400

Anthony Green wrote:
On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 03:58, Steven Augart wrote:

The overhead of always using a 64-bit quantity to store a file descriptor and then passing it to the JNI functions would be several times lower than the overhead of those JNI functions having to call PlatformFileDescriptor.getFD().

? That's not what I'm suggesting at all.

Sorry that I misunderstood. I've now read over the whole thread from your original proposal (I'd only read the proposal itself). Until I take the time to download and read the .gz file you referred to in a later post, and until I better familiarize myself with the current state of that code, I'll avoid further comment.

--Steve Augart

Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine: