Which JVM?

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Which JVM?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:29:55 +0100

I still really like to try out classpath, I want to see how much has been
done, and I'd like to actually start writing mauve tests based on where
classpath still fails.
But just like 6 months ago I can't seem to find any JVMs that actually use
it.  I feel really dissapointed about this, why is this such a low
priority!?

Of the JVMs page (stories.html) most don't seem like something I dare try as
a full replacement for Suns JVM.  GCJ for example is not an option.
Jupiter does not convince me as worth my time, etc.

Others that look promising simply don't work:
Kissme: http://kissme.sourceforge.net/
cvs instructions don't work, downloads are ancient.

Jaos: last release is an alpha; and its ancient.

Kaffe: looks dead; last development release almost a year ago (not to
mention stable releases)

sableVM: website is dead.

So, what do you guys use?  Please provide a cooperative download with your
choice VM(s) so people can actually get started.  The 'download' page seems
like a good point for this, since downloading classpath itself is pointless
without a JVM, right?

I'm really hoping that I can actually run classpath this winter-holiday!
--
Thomas Zander