Eclipse command line formatter

From: Ben Konrath
Subject: Eclipse command line formatter
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:18:46 -0500

Hi all,

I'm just finishing up work on the headless Eclipse Java formatter patch:

I just tried it out the entire classpath tree and found a bug, so that's
definitely not the final version of the patch.

Also, I'd like to know if there are any requests for this patch (like what
to output ie quiet mode for cron jobs, etc) before I post it to the bugzilla (

I'm not even sure that will take it, if they don't it will end
up in a packaged version of eclipse near you. (Does this mean I should
make some debian packages for eclipse? :)

So next on the TODO list for this is to make a slim and trim custom app
with this so that it's actually useful for you.

I didn't add an option to fix the imports because the solution involves a
little refactoring and therefore would be more difficult to
maintain if it is not accepted upstream. From past experience I have
found the developers to be very hard engage in dialogue
about enhancements, so don't cross your fingers about getting this in.
This all said, there might be an easy way to add the "fix imports" option
in the slim-trim app that I'm about to whip up but I won't know until I do
it. How important in is option?

Ok, I guess that's all I have to say for now.

Cheers, Ben