Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: Modules names and other details for new classpath bug product
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:06:44 -0600

Mark Wielaard wrote:
>>This seems like putting the horse before the cart.
>
> If you have a concrete proposal to help out the active mergers (mostly
> Michael Koch for classpath<->libgcj and gui<->classpath, Graydon Hoare
> for gui<->libgcj, Andrew Hughes for classpath<->generic and Dalibor
> Topic for classpath<->kaffe) then I am sure everybody would be
> interested.

What about the proposal to just have one source tree (Classpath)
for the 95% of the code that's the same, and let libgcj have its
25 files that differ stored separately? Then you compile these
class files and ensure they sit before the 'stock' Classpath files
in the bootclasspath. By the way, this is what JC does and it
works fine. An added advantage is that you can share a Classpath
installation among more than one free VM.

-Archie

*
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.
*