Re: How to handle properties file

From: Nicolas Geoffray
Subject: Re: How to handle properties file
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 23:30:18 +0200

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 14:50 -0500, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Michael Koch wrote:
> >>I didn't know that function. Powerfull! So then, shouldn't the function
> >>readConfiguration from LogManager make a call like
> >>
> >>LogManager.class.getResourceAsStream("java/util/logging/logging.properties");
> >>
> >>to have an InputStream instead of looking for system properties?
> >
> > Use java.util.Properties.load(InputStream) with it.

Yes, this is what is done in the
java.util.logging.LogManager.readconfiguration(InputStream).
The thing is, i'm a vm implementor (not written in java) using the gnu
classpath. So when a call to LogManager.readConfiguration is made in a
java application, the ressource is not found. I can't use any of the
functions you're pointing me, because i'm not the application, just the
vm.

> I think people are missing Nicolas' point here. The class LogManager
> is broken, because it is looking in the wrong place for the properties
> file.

Yes, that's it Archie.