classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: servlet code

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: servlet code
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:29:55 -0700

> > But since then Nick Ferrier set up the classpathx project and the code
> > is now part of that project. <http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/classpathx/>
>
> I notice most of the code there is LGPL.  That certainly prevents them
> from being part of libjava.

The Java/XML stuff isn't ... or rather, it won't be when I finish checking it
in!
All GPL ... except for the DOM _interfaces_ using the W3C copyright
until/unless someone creates new versions.  (As I recall, there was some
to/fro about a year back and RMS OK'd that license in some reasonable
context.)

Though I tend to agree that we need an answer to that searchpath
issue -- not all libraries should be in "libjava".  A Debian proposal got
circulated a few months back; did that go anywhere?

- Dave