classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: servlet code

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: servlet code
Date: 15 Jun 2001 15:39:33 -0700

David Brownell <address@hidden> writes:

> The Java/XML stuff isn't [LGPL]... or rather, it won't be when I
> finish checking it in!  All GPL ...

You mean plain GPL, or modified GPL (as in libgcj and classpath).

The former should (IMO) prevent it from being installed in any
standard location, because it makes it too easy for people to
inadvertently violate the license.

> Though I tend to agree that we need an answer to that searchpath
> issue -- not all libraries should be in "libjava".  A Debian proposal got
> circulated a few months back; did that go anywhere?

That was the controversy ...
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/