classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Contribution

From: nferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Contribution
Date: 08 Oct 2002 13:50:59 +0100

Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to contribute to the classpathx-xml (jaxp) project. Can some
> one help me by pointing where to begin or maybe where to help?
>
> Thank you for your help,

If you go back through the archives you'll find a bug that I spotted
(some time over the last 3 months). I've been meaning to fix it for
ages.

There are several other issues:

- build issues
in the ftp dir there's a demonstrationm of the build using the GNU
automakejar script. This needs to be plugged into the main module.

I'm not sure how well we build with GCJ yet.

- we don't have an XSLT implementation yet.
It would be nice to have one. Maybe as a wrapper around libxslt. Given
that, it would be nice to have an alternative xml wrapper around
libxml.

Several people have come and offered help but never seem to get
anywhere... If you get stuck for any reason send mail to the
list. Those of us who have been involved will _try_ to help you hack.

Nic