classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Strange exception when running checkstyle

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Strange exception when running checkstyle
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:43:35 -0800

On Monday 27 December 2004 3:30 pm, Michael Koch wrote:

> Error loading configuration file
> com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.api.CheckstyleException: unable to
> parse scripts/checkstyle-config.xml - No base URI; hope URI is
> absolute:
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~oburn/dtds/configuration_1_2.dtd:4:64
>
> When I used Xalan instead of GNU JAXP it worked nicely.

The problem is that Xalan makes some guess about the base URI;
a guess that can easily be wrong, which is why GNU JAXP doesn't
try to guess.

The correct fix is to the application software which didn't
provide a base URI when building an InputSource.  That'd be
some puppycrawl config loader code, I'd guess.

- Dave