classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Re: Strange exception when running checkstyle

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Re: Strange exception when running checkstyle
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:44:58 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 18:40 +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2004 09:16 schrieb Mark Wielaard:
>
> > Removing these two warnings made Checkstyle work just fine:
> > [...]
>
> I think its GNU Jaxp's fault is it works with jamvm/classpath/Xalan
> and SUN JDK 1.4.2 as is.

No. That is a bogus argument. Xalan and the Sun implementation
apparently don't give a warning in this situation. But the real bug is
that Checkstyle installs an ErrorHandler that doesn't handle warnings
properly/nicely (it just throws an exception).

But since it looks like in this case the URIs are actually absolute we
can try to be a little less pedantic in that case by first checking if
this is the case and only warn if it actually isn't absolute.

Does the attached patch work for you?

Cheers,

Mark